Arter presenteres i systematisk rekkefølge, og hver arts oppføring inkluderer vitenskapelige og engelske navn, taksonomiske notater, utbredelse og tilfeldige forekomster i regionen.
- Includes Peninsular Spain, Ceuta, Melilla and the Balearic and Canary Islands.
- Describes field identification characteristics, habitat, migratory status, distribution and conservation status of all regularly present species and common vagrants, and also contains an appendix with a summary of other occasional species.
- Completely revised texts and many new drawings.
- Updated taxonomy following the HBW and Birdlife International Illustrated Checklist of the Birds of the World.
- More than 300 maps detailing the areas of presence throughout the year.
- Around 1,000 colour illustrations showing the main details for the identification of the species in the field.
- 567 species, including 173 vagrants.